Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Pool Balls


oil on hardboard panel
6'' x 6"

sold

Here's the second of the four new ebay paintings. Once again - Pool Balls. I've been toying with the idea of doing this subject really large. One of my favorite realists artists, Pedros Campos, creates these beautiful paintings of fruit in cellophane bags, and they are very large. Forty eight inches square. I thought it would be challenging to try something like that myself. Really get into the meat of the subject, and deal with all of the subtleties of value, and reflection. I wouldn't attempt a format quite that large, but possilby 30 x 30. This piece is a six by six, but the composition has been cropped, so that the subject is slightly overscale. Sort of a tentative first step in this project. At this point it's still just an idea, but it's something I've thought about for quite a while. Hopefully I'll find the time, and the courage to actually do it. If you'd like to bid on this painting, you can do so by clicking here.


3 comments:

Todd Bonita said...

Do you ever rest from being awesome? I'm getting sick of saying nice things about your work so I'm hoping you'll paint a stinker...I don't think thats going to happen any time soon though. Brilliance once again indeed.

thanks for sharing Neil, this is really a beautiful piece.
Best,
Todd

Anonymous said...

I hope you can have a look at my iste oil painting wholesale and giving me some comments,I am thinking ways to imporve the UI design.

Madison Moore said...

Brilliant!