Monday, March 17, 2008

Paper Goblets


Paper Goblets
oil on gallery wrap canvas
16'' x 20"

The painting above was intended to be shown as an "in progress" image, but by the time the completed painting below had had a couple of days in the spotlight, this was completed. It will be headed to Stricoff Fine Art, Ltd. along with the milkshake mixer, and the soon to be completed pool balls. Paper Goblets almost didn't make it. There were a couple of times during the process where it came very close to being wiped off, and replaced by something else, but it was working well enough to keep me with it until it reached a point where I felt it was actually going somewhere. I'm glad I stuck with it, because looking at it now, it comes pretty close to my expectations. I'll put up the new pool balls in a couple of days.


5 comments:

Debra J.Sepos said...

Glad you stuck with it...just awesome!

Anonymous said...

Wow. The shape of the goblets is a great canvas (!) for the reflections. Nice.

Anonymous said...

Neil, As a collector, this painting rocks except for the stark black background on the upper ranges. Seems like it should be softer given the sharpness of the metals. I do love your work, just a constructive comment from one of your fans.

Anonymous said...

Excellent painting! I like lot of your's and your wife's paintings.

Please write me at sarvim@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

It's good. It looks like it's done with a 3D software. Looks realistic, too.