Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bread Bag No. 6


Bread Bag No.6
oil on plywood panel
6'' x 6"

I'm not positive, but I think this is the sixth incarnation of this particular theme. Karen is always encouraging me to, "do more bread", so here is more bread. Not complaining. I really enjoy painting bread. And plastic too.

I spent the day working on the first pass of a portrait. A 6 x 6 intended for ebay, but I'm not sure what I think of it yet. I had been jonesing to paint a face for sometime, but I'm pretty rusty, and it may never make it to the blog. I'll have to wait, and see how the subsequent layers turn out.

Anyone interested in bidding on the Bread Bag, can access the auction by clicking here.


7 comments:

theresamillerwatercolors said...

fabulous! as always!

Ambera said...

wow, I'm always amazed! Not just by the calibre of the paintings, but that there's always something new on your blog, despite the fact that your paintings look like they take a looong time to do.

kaycrain said...

Neil,
#6 is just as wonderful as the others.
When I think 'photo realism', I think first of you.
Well done!

Dean H. said...

Beautiful, once again. This looks a lot better than the bread that I buy. Love the break up of areas....great comp.

Unknown said...

I'd like to see the portrait since that is mostly what I paint. I wish I could find the enthusiasm to paint stills. I think what you with stills is amazing.

James Neil Hollingsworth said...

Thanks everybody for the wonderful comments. Hey Didi - The portrait didn't survive. I may try it again down the line.

WBEckertStudio said...

Incredible that a loaf of bread in a plastic bag can command such gravity.

very satisfying work! i truly enjoy dropping in here to see what's up.