Monday, September 15, 2008

Hamilton Beach No. 6


Milkshake Mixer No.6
oil on 1/8'' gesso board
6'' x 6"

With the exception of the White Rabbit group painting (below), I spent the better part of last week working on photography for the, on again, off again corporate commission. Presently, it's back on, and hopefully the compositions I worked up this week will find a home in the boardroom. If things go as planned, I should actually start painting on this project very soon. In the meantime, I've got five new pieces for ebay this week. First off is my favorite appliance. The classic Hamilton Beach Milkshake Mixer. This is model 30 as seen from behind. I wanted to incorporate the cooling vents, and on/off switch which look very cool to me. I also love the mounting plate with that huge screw in the middle. To bid on the auction click here.


3 comments:

C. L. DeMedeiros said...

Beautiful
Perfecto

Dean H. said...

Excellent, as always!

Pierre Raby said...

Great! I'm attracted by this unusual colors palette. What I appreciate in your work is your ability to translate your focused viewing with atmosphere and mystery. This is more than just an accurate drawing ability, you communicate a lot with these objects.
-Pierre