Sunday, October 18, 2009

Anne Irwin Debut

some of the paintings from the show at Anne Irwin Fine Art

The debut show of my work at Anne Irwin Fine Art was friday night. Anne, Tiffany and Sybil had done a beautiful job hanging the paintings. My loyal cadre of intrepid friends, and family braved a rather cold drizzly night to attend, and show their support. They were augmented by a modest, but extremely warm, and friendly band of gallery goers. Each of them eager to let me know how much they admired my work. They were all very sweet, and it was great to hear so many favorable critiques. Listening to these positive comments really helps to substantiate ones hope that what you do is working. A constant question in the back of my mind. It's also wonderful to hear that your work affects people in such a positive way. It doesn't get much better than observing an art patron walk up to one of your paintings, and react with a smile.

p.s. I also sold a painting that night. The Half Perc.


9 comments:

Meagan said...

Congratulations on the show! I wish I could be there in person to see your work up close. It really does inspire me. Thanks for sharing.

Erik van Elven said...

Congratulations on the show and the sale. Well deserved because your work is an inspiration. I love how you bring a still life to life!

Don Coker said...

Congrats, Neil! I'm glad you had a good showing. The Anne Irwin Gallery seems to be the place to be in Hotlanta these days!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your show! Your work is unique and beautifully executed. It shows a definite point of view that is engaging.

Nigel Cox said...

Excellent body of work for your show, Neil. Glad it was a success . . . the sale was well deserved.
Keep up the great work . . . it's always a joy to receive your blog with new paintings. . . like Xmas every time.

James Neil Hollingsworth said...

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the kind words. Nigel good luck with your show at GX Gallery on the 23rd. You've got an incredible group of paintings. I know you'll do well.

開拓王 said...

在婚禮上,新娘秘書可是擔當隔熱紙很重要的角色的喔~因為新娘秘書的職責就是把新娘旅遊打扮得漂漂亮亮的,讓新娘子在食品婚禮那天成為超美的Superstar。

Amarjeet Prasad said...

So lovely.Wish you happiness.


oil paintings

Amarjeet Prasad said...

Wow, thats amazing.I love the way you write.


Art exhibition