Monday, February 01, 2010

Glass & Silverware


5.5 x 5.5 oil on hardboard
When I'm working with my photography I usually go in one of two directions. I either crop out a key portion of a larger composition specifically to be used as an ebay painting, or I will cull out a tightly cropped piece of a composition I intend to paint larger, and do it as a study for the larger more involved version. See what kind of response it gets. The first painting to be auctioned this week is an example of the former method. I liked the painting I did recently for Stricoff of the glass jar filled with silverware, so I focused in on the top of that glass. A second painting to be auctioned later this week will be an example of the second method. The "study". If you'd like to bid on this painting, you can take part in the bidding by clicking here.


2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I am just amazed at your facility with oils, Neil. Each of your pieces astound me. Wish I had the money to buy, but I sure enjoy the looking via your blog. Thanks for sharing them and a bit about your process.

Art Within Art said...

I had a rare opportunity to see your larger work of the glass and silverware this past week at the LA Art Show. That piece and your other work of the children's blocks left me in awe of your talent. As amazing as your works have always looked on the web, they are so much more vivid in person.

I genuinely look forward to becoming a collector in the near future. Best wishes to your continued success!