Monday, March 08, 2010

Morning Mug

6 x 6 oil on hardboard
My plan for this week was to work up another five ebay paintings, but I landed a couple of small commissions just as I was getting started, and this is the only piece I had time to complete. This image was created on a trip to Inlet Beach Florida a year or so ago, and it's been in the back of my mind to paint ever since. My original intent was to do it as a 12 x 12, but I figured I'd try it out on ebay first, and see what kind of response it gets first. The complete photo reference includes all of the books, and a pair of glasses as well, but I thought this told most of the story. If you'd like to bid on this painting, you can access the auction by clicking here.



4 comments:

sharon said...

I'm positive this will sell fast, it's a great little piece! I love it!

Todd Bonita said...

Nicely done as always Neil. Interesting comment about "this telling the story". I'm amazed at how cropping can influence or improve a design. I always felt that design was one of your many real strengths. You always seem to be right on.
Well done.
Todd

Sadia said...

It's simply superb Neil! The details you attend to in your paintings is just incredible!

Gary Keimig said...

very very nice. Won't last long at all.