Monday, August 23, 2010

A Christening Dress and some Watermelon

6 x 6 oil on hardboard panel

I wanted to work in a week of ebay paintings before I dove into the big cow I plan to do for Mason Murer. This first piece is a move away from my usual hard edged reflective type subject matter. Karen did a painting similar to this some time ago, and I thought it would be fun to try something with some texture for a change. If you'd like to bid on this painting, you can access the auction by clicking here.


12 x 16 oil on canvas

Speaking of Karen, she's decided to return to her roots, and do a few ebay paintings. She's been working on such large scale paintings for so long, she thought it would be fun to work on some smaller pieces for a change. Karen wasn't sure at first if she could scale down her vast library of reference photos to such a small size, but I convinced her that with some creative cropping, it was very possible. She quickly found this to be the case, and has had a great time this week working on these smaller compositions. She will be listing three paintings this week. One tonight, one tomorrow and the third on wednesday. If you'd like to participate in the auction for her painting, you can bid by clicking here.


3 comments:

Gary Keimig said...

both are great pieces

Jan Dale said...

You two are quite a team! I always get a sense of calm from you both.

Kristina Steinbring said...

Wow! These really remind me of the style of Christopoher Pratt! Beautiful work!