Thursday, May 19, 2011

Coke Classic

Coke Classic - 18 x 24 - oil on panel

I had intended to post an in progress image of this painting, but Blogger went down for a couple of days right around the time I reached the end of the first pass, so I went ahead and and waited until it was done to post. This piece, as with practically everything else I've painted this year, will be shipped up to Cape Cod for a solo show at Tree's Place Gallery opening July 9th.

This is the first time I've dedicated this much time to a single gallery for a show, and I have to admit it has been an endeavor filled with more than an little anxiety, but it felt like this was the right time, and this was the right gallery to give it a try. Keeping my fingers crossed that it goes well.

My next painting is currently at the halfway point, and I should have an image of it ready to post in the next couple of days. I've got three more paintings to do once its done, and four weeks to do them in. One of them needs to be a large "centerpiece". I predict it's going to be a busy month.


5 comments:

MrCachet said...

One man shows are an anxiety producer. Good luck! If the other four are as spectacular as this one, you'll have no problems with outcomes. I can't wait to see the centerpiece.

Tahirih Goffic said...

Wow! I never have much more to say about your work. It leaves me pretty much speechless!

4Rider said...

Coke Classic reminds me of Warhol. just wrote article abouth him on my blog.

symple but really nice!

Veny
http://blog.artbyveny.com/
http://www.artbyveny.com/

4Rider said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
World of oil paintings said...

Simply marvelous !!! Cant believe what my eyes just saw ... superb. Great work sir.

http://worldofoilpaintings.webnode.com/