Friday, April 06, 2012

Tall Blocks


Tall Blocks | 6 x 24 | oil on panel

I went a little "blocks" crazy this year for the Tree's Place Show, so this will be the final piece on that theme. I couldn't resist doing one more though. I had this 6 x 24 cut off from modifying an 18 x 24 I used for another painting, and it just screamed for a tall stack of blocks. I did the same thing for last years show, and it proved to be a popular composition, so I figured, why not try it again.

I'm also pleased to announce my representation by a new gallery. Rehs Galleries, Inc., in New York has taken me on. Howard Rehs contacted me, and stated he was looking to expand their roster of contemporary artists, and wondered if I'd be interested in coming on board. I agreed and sent him three paintings, one of which sold within the first twenty four hours! A nice start.


7 comments:

MrCachet said...

I'm just curious Neal - are you "enhancing" the blocks from the photographs you're using, or - are these really as pristine as they appear to be? Fabulous. Regardless.

hgpl2000 said...

Congrats, Neil. Great news about the Rehs Gallery! We are going to definitely come to your show at Tree's -- hopefully you'll be there and we can finally meet in person.

Museum Replicas said...

Yeah! really a nice start.

Museum Replicas

James Neil Hollingsworth said...

Hey MrC - They look pretty much as you see them here, only much smaller in actuality. Thanks

UncleRabbit1 said...

Do you paint these still lifes from photographs?

James Neil Hollingsworth said...

Hey UR - Yes I do.

Rupesh Talaskar said...

Waooo!!! lovely like it a lot!!!!!