Monday, July 01, 2013

Juice O Matic

Juice O Matic  |  16 x 16  |  Oil on canvas


























I'm emailing this image to Cape Cod today in hopes that it will not be too late to be included in the Tree's Place catalog for the fall show. The printer deadline was the end of June, so it may be a lost cause. This is a really cool vintage "Juice O Matic" orange squeezer I picked up at an antique store the last time my brother Doug was in town from New York. It's fitting that I complete this during his most recent visit which ends today. I thought this particular piece would fit in nicely with the other two "fruit based" paintings I have already completed for our show. 

Now I need to divert my attention from the show for a little while to complete a couple of paintings for Rehs Gallery. When those are done, it's back to work on the last two paintings for the show, and after that I'm dedicating myself to C. K. Contemporary Gallery in San Francisco. They've been extremely patient, and it's time to repay their kindness. 


2 comments:

henning lang | drawings and paintings said...

hello neil,

again a very beautiful painting!
the cropping is impressive, as it
leads the viewer to the most interesting parts of the painted subject! that is difficult to do. i think you are a very complete artist! technically brilliant and composing excellently!

James Neil Hollingsworth said...

Thanks Henning!