Monday, February 10, 2014

Coke with Straw No.2

Coke with Straw No.2  |  24 x 24  |  Oil on panel

























I've been working on a few paintings for C. K. Contemporary in San Francisco here lately, and realized that I'd never sent them a "Coke" painting. So, I decided to do a second empty bottle with a straw composition. I love the accordion fold in the straw and how it's distorted by the shape of the bottle. 

It's a good thing I have some green and red paint left over, because just as I finished this piece I got a commission from Tree's Place Gallery for another Coca Cola painting. 




4 comments:

Peggy Conrad said...

Oh just love it! You can never do enough coke paintings!

SteveC said...

Love the highlights on the painted letters of the Coke bottle. Great stuff!

Unknown said...

interesting! looks vivi!
artisoo

Unknown said...

very nice!