Sunday, April 20, 2014

Triumph: Complete

Triumph  |  36 x 36  |  Oil on canvas


























On day 36, give or take a day or two, I finally completed the Triumph Bonneville. I spent a huge chunk of today with my camera and in Photoshop trying to get a good photograph of the finished painting. Trying, being the operative word because I've never had so much trouble coming up with a decent image of a painting. This is the best of the twenty five versions I came up with, and I'm not very pleased with it. It's a little muddy with an overall bluish cast and the background color is off as well. 

So, as soon as this painting is dry I'm taking it to Gallery Street and have it photographed professionally. They do all of the photography of Karen's paintings used to produce her prints, and I'm hoping they can do a better job than I have. If they can produce a more accurate representation of this painting, I'll post it again with some detail shots. I will also include all the progress images like I did with the P-51 I painted back in the fall.

Now it's time to get busy putting together some work for a show at Tree's Place this July. 


5 comments:

Linda Keely said...

Have you written anything about the materials and process you use to get such vibrant and realistic paintings? I would love to learn more about your methods!

Karin Jurick said...

Wow Wow Wow!

ProvidenceMine said...

Absolutely magnificent! :D

Unknown said...

Awesome! I've enjoyed following your progress! Thanks for sharing!

suzannepaints said...

out of this world!